Monday, August 10, 2009

What's for dinner? Umm, squash!

Trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight. I have been making really bad choices with cooking lately. I slipped back into the bad habit of cooking what was easiest, cheapest, or most comforting. Now that I am trying to get back on track and eat healthy I am unsure what to eat. I have never really kept a food journal (I know, I know-I should always do that) so I can't just look back and see what we were eating that was working. I do still have a few recipes that I know we like and are healthy, but in general I feel like I am starting all over. This time I am going to try to keep a food journal. It is just hard for me to remember to write it all down. No more excuses though, right? So back to dinner for tonight. I have some squash that needs to be cooked. I found this recipe http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2009/08/ridiculously-easy-roasted-yellow-squash.html . (I can't figure out how to make the link little and cute like other people do...) Looks good, huh? Now I just have to figure out what to cook with the squash. That seems to be my downfall. I can never come up with tasty and healthy sides. They are either healthy or tasty, but never both at the same time. Really, I guess the squash is more of a side with my family. Just not sure what to make with it.

No comments: