Thursday, October 01, 2009

September Summary

I feel like I wasted most of the month. I have let everything get in the way of my focusing on weight loss. I want it, but maybe I don't want it as much as I should. I started the month at 187.6 lbs. I weighed this morning and I was at 183.6 lbs. I was down to 180 a week ago. Makes me wonder what I am so scared of. Every time I get this close to the 170's I start to gain. I guess that Sept wasn't a complete and total waste, I did lose 4 lbs. But, come on! I should be able to lose almost double that. If I would stop eating everything I see then that would happen. I guess I am having a hard time figuring out how to focus on weight loss and live my life at the same time. Weight loss was not hard for me until I started school. Now I have to spend so much time on my school work that I can't spend a ton of time on eating right and exercising. I am sure that I am not getting enough sleep either. Ah, well...it is what it is.

Now lets look at some goals that will get me through the end of this year. I want to be 160 lbs or less by Jan 1 2010. I have to lose 23.6 lbs between now and then to reach that goal. Umm, yeah. That is a loss of 1.8 lbs a week for the next 13 weeks. That means that the crap I pulled in Sept will not work.

I think my biggest problem with food is my parents. I love em, but they eat like crap. And they show love by feeding people. Put those two things together and they are feeding the people that they love crap. Deep fried, battered, sugary goodness. I can't tell them no. I try and I know that it is my health and I should be able to stand up for my well being and say no but maybe it is a respect thing. I don't know. Gotta figure it out or stop going to see them. I don't want to do that, but I don't want to be morbidly obese again either. Why is life so complicated?

Here is to a better October. I will have a better number at the end of this month than last. I hope that we all do.

3 comments:

Fat Chick said...

It's hard when your family isn't your biggest supporter. I have that same problem. They are getting a little better but still difficult.

Good luck with your goal for the rest of the year.

Laurie said...

Here's to a fabulous October! September was a rather pointless weightloss month for me too. Sorry to hear about the struggles with your parents. Just remember that YOU are the most important thing and you can't worry about hurting people's feelings. You can do it!

WineOh said...

Keep your chin up and don't get discouraged. We've all been there. It takes lots and lots of will power and concentration. Let me tell ya...I know. I'm doing this while going thru tough family issues. I have done the loose/gain roller coaster for years but I had to tell myself, well really my doctor told me, that if I don't get healthy it won't be good for my health.

We are all here to support you and you need to tell your parents what your goals are. Don't forget you could always bring them food - healthy food :)