Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I don't know how she does it.

Not sure if you saw Biggest Loser last night. If you didn't, get out from underneath that rock and watch it next week. :)

I already have a favorite. Abby is such inspiration to me. Not in the weight loss realm, but in life. I don't know how that lady gets out of bed every day and puts one foot in front of the other. I am in such awe. Sometimes (ok, a lot of the time) I complain about how hard my life is, but she makes me pause and see that my life isn't so bad after all. If you didn't see the show, here is the background on Abby. Two years ago she had a loving husband, a beautiful 5 1/2 yr old daughter, and a precious 2 week old son. In one instant they were all gone. They were killed by a speeding driver. How in the world does Abby keep going? How does she smile? I don't know, but I am amazed at her will to heal and live. I can't wait to see the changes that she is able to make to her life through The Biggest Loser.

I sometimes don't see the blessings in life. Because of Abby's story last night, I see the blessings in my life more clearly today. Stop and take the time to see the blessings in your life.

4 comments:

Heather & Chaos said...

AMEN!!! It just proves to you everything can change in an instant!

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Hey fellow GAGer,

Just checking out how you're doing... and you're doing great! I totally cried when she was talking about her loss on the show... she is amazing!

Don't forget about our current 365-mile Challenge... please see my my current blog for official rules:

http://annie-shrinkinggirl.blogspot.com/2009/09/happy-anniversary-and-365-mile.html

Keep it up!

Lisa Jones aka "Jones" said...

just doing my team captain duty and checkin in hope this weeks good for ya. keep up the good work!

One Pretty Little Box said...

I LOVE Abby too! IN fact, this is a fantastic cast this season! Definately worth the time investment! Way to go this past week! I am sure your doing wonderful this week too.