Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The best of intentions on Day 1

Day 1 is in the books. Can't go back now, only forward. Yesterday I did ok with my eating. I say ok and not great because lunch kinda got me. I was away from home in an area that I am not real familiar with. I was starving so I decided to find something for lunch. After passing 15 fast food restaurants I found a small locally owned cafe. I thought that it would be great. I could get some veggies and get out of lunch without going way over board. Have you ever been to a small cafe like this? When I went in I was surprised to find that they only have a lunch special. It is different every day apparently. Yesterday, the lunch being served was pork loin w/2 sides. I didn't think that would be to bad. Except the sides were cheese potatoes, candied yams, or mashed potatoes. Yeah, lots of healthy vegetable choices. :P I ended up getting cheese potatoes and candied yams. It was really yummy but not so great for me. Now I know not to stop there again. Wish I could have found a Subway. Sometimes the best of intentions turn out bad. Now to look forward. I WILL have a great day today. I WILL exercise today. I WILL reach my goals this year! I am so excited over the GAG challenge. Thank you Sheila! You have no idea how motivated this challenge has made me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes that is the way it goes but that was just 1 meal, hang in there, we're all in this together

Anonymous said...

So, you got your weekly cheat meal out of the way first thing. Now you have the whole week to work it off before the next weigh in, right??

And, if there was a reason to fall off the wagon, cheesy potatoes is as good as any!

Anonymous said...

i agree with mommy2joe, if there is a reason, its the cheesy potatoes! you will have a great day today!!!

One Pretty Little Box said...

I am glad your finding the motivation that was deep within! Way to go!