Thursday, September 03, 2009

See what being gone all day does for you?!?

It seems that teams were assigned for GAG today while I was out and about. I am gonna have to email Sheila and let her know that she has to hold the presses until I am home and on the computer. :) j/k Really though, I hope that her little one is recovering from the flu. It is awful when your babies are sick. Ok, I will stop yapping and go check out the teams now. BRB.

Drum roll, please...
TEAM COMET
Jones
Lanel
Manda
Jon
Laurie
Melisa
Kim

Well, there it is! The reason I couldn't sleep last night. heehee. I am stoked that my hubby is on my team. I am also excited to get to know the other members of Team Comet. I am so loving all the support that has already been going around. I was worried about joining a challenge on a blog, but I am so glad that I did. Funny how something so simple can completely turn things around for you. I had a fantastic food day. I ate right on track. I was tempted by pizza at my parents house and I politely said no thanks. I felt so powerful in that moment. I felt the power to control what I put in my mouth and the power to control my size. I haven't felt that power in several months. It felt good. That feeling is how I lost so much weight to begin with. It was then that I started thinking about how great I have done. Not to sweep the last couple of months while I have been struggling under the rug, but I really have done so much better then I ever would have believed that I could.

Two years ago TODAY is when my husband and I started losing weight. I weighed 304.5 lbs. This morning I was 186.5 lbs. That is a 118 lb loss. Wow, it doesn't even seem real still. My dh was 307.5 lbs and is now 235 lbs. He rocks! Crazy.

Ok, a big shout out to all the COMETS! We can ALL do this! I am hitting the sack but will talk to you all tomorrow. Can't wait!

5 comments:

Lisa Jones aka "Jones" said...

we definatly can do it! congrats on the losses so far!

Fat Chick said...

Looking forward to the next 16 weeks with you on the GAG challenge. Congrats on your amazing loss so far, WOW! :)

Fat Chick said...

Read your comment about printing off the tips I gave on my site...yes, please feel free to use anything on there that will help you succeed!!!

Laurie said...

Woohoo!! Go Team Comet!! Your weight loss so far is amazing and inpirational! I'm looking forward to being part of your team as you lose the last few pounds. :)

Melisa said...

Wow, the two of you have done so well already. They say the final pounds are the hardest to lose...I wouldn't know since I'm not close to final ones but I can't wait to see what the support of this challenge brings you both in just 16 short weeks! :)