Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vascular Surgeon Report

I went to the Vascular Surgeon yesterday. The Surgeon did another Carotid Ultrasound. He said that I have something called tortuous carotid arteries. That is just the medical term for curvy carotid artery veins. Evidently I was born that way. It makes it hard for them to get a clear view of the artery on an ultrasound. He said that I have some thickening in one place in my carotid but he doesn't feel like it is a problem at this point. I have to go back every 6 months for a carotid ultrasound. At some point I will have to have surgery to straighten out my artery and remove the thickening but the surgeon said that it wont be anytime soon. We still don't know what is causing the heart palpitations and chest pain. I have a followup with the Cardiologist on Nov 12. I have been cleared to exercise again and things are looking up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to read your update! :)