Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just need to gripe for a minute---Not weight related

Warning: The following post is full of negative feelings that I need to dump somewhere. The thoughts in this post are not necessarily rational nor will they make sense 100% of the time.

Ugh. Why can't I just be freaking healthy?!??! I mean, come on! I have changed EVERYTHING about my life and KEEP having to deal with dumb sh*t when it comes to my health. My whole life I was OBESE and did nothing but sit on the couch and eat chips and bonbons. Other than my weight number I was completely healthy. No diabetes, no blood pressure problems, no cholesterol issues, nothing! Since losing weight I have had one health issue after another and I am so tired of it. I have had heart palpitations, carotid artery issues, had pneumonia, and been diagnosed with exercise induced asthma. It makes me want to grab a bag of chips and park my hiney on the sofa. Now I am facing another health crisis. I just want it to stop. I just want to be healthy. Last week my leg started hurting right behind my knee. It was swollen and red. I figured it was fine, no biggie. Tuesday Jon made me go to the doctor because it was getting worse. They diagnosed me with Phlebitis. Fine. It is fine. They sent me to a vascular surgeon today. According to them I have a blood clot in my leg. Isn't that something that happens to 75 year olds? WTH?! Either way, I have to go back to the Vascular Surgeon on the 25th to have a rescan to check on the blood clot and to talk to them about having surgery to remove the veins that are causing the problem (varicose veins that I have had since I was 18). For real? I signed up for the Peachtree Road Race 10K on Sunday and now this. They don't want me running at all until after this is sorted out. That lends itself to training for the PRR. UGH!

If all of this wasn't enough to drive me crazy, things aren't going very well with Jon right now. We got into a big argument Tues night and it is just weird between us now. It isn't even that we are mad at each other. It is more an indifference. Not good. He didn't offer to go to my doctors appointment with me today, like he normally does. In fact, he hasn't even called to see what the Vascular Surgeon said. What is weirder than that is that I am ok about it all. Scary in a not so scary sort of way...

So, told you it wouldn't be vary rational.

No comments: